ATTENTION SCOTTEVEST Travel Clothing Blog Readers

Scott's Offical blog has permanently moved: Scott's Community
Update your browser's bookmark to http://community.scottevest.com/blog



Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Video Blog Post #4- Pros and Cons of Removable Sleeves in new Tactical Jacket

This post reveals my thought process on why I decided not to include removable sleeves on the new Tactical (please help rename this jacket) 5.0 jacket, giving previews of same.

FYI: We added the Classic Vest to the Sale Page, only $70 while they last...

PS: Per Randy's suggestion, I also uploaded today's video here on www.blip.tv. Let me know your thoughts on which format you like better. [I just watched this and my head is all you really see; it cropped out the rest of me....The quality is good, but ...I look very weird. I am sure I did something wrong here.] I also used a different way of capturing the video today; instead of using YouTube's QuickCapture Feature, I saved the file first.

5 comments:

Randy Pollock said...

First of all I agree that the jacket should not have removable sleeves.

The quality is much better on blip (you can embed it into your blog if you decide to go with it). Not sure what you mean by blip cropping out part of you, I can see your watch in both videos as well as the pictures on the wall to your left and right. With the blip.tv video I can clearing see your mouse and the penny and nickel on your desk.

Are you shooting this with a webcam? If you are in the words of the kids today...Dude go get a cheap video camera, it will dramatically make it better.

For my personal website I use three services.

1.Youtube to maximize audience
2. Blip.tv for embedding into website (better quality)
3. Short HD videos I use smugmug.com (limited to 2.5 minutes). Which I use for friends and family.

randyandgerri.com

Steve Holden said...

I think the thoughts outlined for the new jacket are valid. Thanks for responding.

I agree the video could be a little clearer and I do recommend blip.tv. Great quality and service.

Have a safe trip to Chicago. If you get a chance check out the Jersey Boys Musical about Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons. You'll enjoy it.

Steve

Anonymous said...

OK. . .Scott, thanks for the explanation. That makes sense with the cleaner look and added wind protection. I REALLY like the new "clear" fabric better views of the device controls. Oh by the way, I have a Evolution jacket and the plastic spring, key keeper snapped with minimal use. Perhaps you might switch the a metal mechanism instead or bring it up to your supplier.

The newer technology is making your videos a lot clear and sharper than before (less grainy).

Actually Tactical 5.0 is not a bad name, but how about SporTEV, Adventurer, SporTechJ (for Jacket).

Keep up the innovation and that entrepeneurial spirit! I can't wait to buy a Tactical 5.0 (or whatever the name becomes) before Christmas.

Scott Jordan, CEO of SCOTTEVEST/SeV said...

Andrew, send an email to sales@scottevest.com and we will send a replacement key holder. We changed to metal, etc.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Scott. I'll email sales@scottevest.com today. I can't wait to see those new photos from the Chicago photoshoot.