ATTENTION SCOTTEVEST Travel Clothing Blog Readers

Scott's Offical blog has permanently moved: Scott's Community
Update your browser's bookmark to http://community.scottevest.com/blog



Saturday, March 20, 2010

Review: Scottevest Evolution Travel Jacket - Convo.us

Short version: Scott Jordan understands geeks. Or at least, he understands what geeks want in clothing. The Evolution Travel Jacket takes the same basic concept as the other Scottevest products, and refines it. The Evolution is a jacket with more pockets then most people will ever need, and could quite easily replace a backpack or messenger bag when traveling.


I like Scott’s clothing line. I dig the cotton hoodie, and I really like the Evolution Travel jacket. It’s lightweight enough that it’s a great spring/early summer jacket, and it’s cut it such a way that it’s ideal for layering as well. I hate to sound like too much of a fanboi, but the TEC clothing line really speaks to me and the way I live. In addition to being a blogger, I’m also a photographer, so I usually have at least one camera with me as well as other gear. I recently went out to shoot at a historical site, and let me give you an idea of exactly how much stuff I carried inside my jacket.


Normally to carry this much stuff you’d need backpack, and if you tried to put that much stuff in your pockets with a normal coat you’d bulge oddly in places. That’s not the case with the Evolution Travel. The pockets are there, you’ll know you’re carrying stuff, but you won’t look like a fool doing it (that’s why I refuse to wear a photography vest). If anything, until you work out a system of always putting things in one place, you might have difficulty with all the pockets. Another thing I noticed with the jacket as compared to the cotton hoodie, the jacket feels more refined. It’s not anything you’d notice unless you’ve worn both, but the way the pockets are put together feel more thought out. For example, in the jacket, the cell phone pocket closes with both a zipper on the side and velcro at the top. This is really convenient, since a phone is something that you need to get in and out of your pocket quickly. The way the wires for your headphones work better as well; it’s like the jacket is just slightly higher quality, but it definitely makes a difference.



read full article
 

 

I'd like to try carrying a 15" MacBook Pro in a large backpocket on a coat - like the game pocket on old hunting jackets.    It's really the only thing I need to carry when meeting people.

 

If anyone has tried this, hit a comment.

in Digitalism posted 03.11.10 | 13 views | 5 replies

Be a hell of a thing passing through an airport with this puppy fully loaded.

It could make it easier - put the whole jacket through the x-ray.    I load everything into my coat pockets instead of putting coins, wallet, watch, belt, etc into a plastic tray.    It saves time.

Thumbnail
Joseph Yen
03.11.10

Now that's thinkin'.

Also sold as the Intelligent Design Travel Jacket in some states...


Sent from my iPhone

SeV/SCOTTEVEST, the best and most innovative travel clothing on the planet: For the Trip of Your Life! 

Posted via email from SeV / SCOTTEVEST the best travel clothes and clothing in the world

No comments: