ATTENTION SCOTTEVEST Travel Clothing Blog Readers

Scott's Offical blog has permanently moved: Scott's Community
Update your browser's bookmark to http://community.scottevest.com/blog



Monday, September 13, 2010

Awesome no baggage challenge scottevest pen contest entry


 "Win a $100 credit at SCOTTEVEST!" on SeV / SCOTTEVEST the best travel clothes and clothing in the world

Load Lightening Travel

I’m off on a trip to see the world again,
But carrying much luggage is such a pain!
I’ve got to reduce and go baggage less,
But, how do I do it without much stress?

Oh yes, I’ve just unpacked a large packet,
Scottevest’s zip off pants, a T and jacket.
Now is the time to put them to the test.
Find a pocket that holds each item best.

I wonder if they can really hold enough.
Oh yes they sure do! They hold all of my stuff!
Three oz bag, my kindle or book or mag,
Tooth brush, some deodorant, and makeup bag,

My camera, extra socks and underwear,
Suntan lotion and small brush to comb my hair.
A small picture of my young grandson Nash.
Credit card and wallet with some foreign cash.

My passport, a map, an additional T,
My cell phone, and my Spanish dictionary,
My sunglasses set for a sunny day.
My ipod is wired and ready to play.

Now to put on my clothes, will there be much bulk?
No…, I don’t look like the Incredible Hulk.
You’d hardly know so many things are there,
And the weight is distributed everywhere!

Into security I walk with a smile,
Off with my jacket, there’s no need for a pile!
No whistles or bells, no metal on clothes,
No zippers to zip, or suitcases to close.

On the plane I’ve no carryon to juggle,
I can just sit down without any struggle.
My reading and my gadgets are at hand.
I can study my maps, and relax till we land.

“We’re here!” I say as the plane we depart.
I’ve a smile on my face and peace in my heart.
With no baggage to claim I walk straight out.
“I’ve lightened my load!” I can joyfully shout.

Posterous is the place to post everything. Just email us.

No comments: