ATTENTION SCOTTEVEST Travel Clothing Blog Readers

Scott's Offical blog has permanently moved: Scott's Community
Update your browser's bookmark to http://community.scottevest.com/blog



Thursday, February 18, 2010

Seriously, one of the BEST ever SCOTTEVEST Travel Stories, EVER-


---------- Forwarded Message ----------

FROM: Stan R
TO: CEO of SCOTTEVEST/SeVScott Jordan


Hi Scott,

I was in Africa last week in Nairobi. Your tropical weight jacket/vest was a good choice for me. 

We were in a serious, could have been a fatal accident. Our van lost its brakes and 2 wheels went over the side of a 10 foot sheer drop. We all managed to get out of the vehicle. Now how do we get going again? There is no wrecker service in Nairobi! So I am focused on the trouble at hand. 3 teens came behind me. Obviously they were good pick pockets, for I never felt a thing, but they reached into the vest and was trying to steal. Since all the women were 50 feet away they could see what was happening and yelled at me to look up. By then they youths had gone on down the road. There was real satisfaction knowing that nimble fingered theives got nothing! I was glad I was wearing something so secure. I happened to be carrying considerable cash at that moment. About 30 of us lifted the van up and onto safe road again, and we were on our way.

I always make a habit of placing a Kleenex pack in my right rear pocket to focus thieves on a target, rather than carry something of value in that pocket.

Stan R

Posted via email from SeV / SCOTTEVEST the best travel clothes and clothing in the world

No comments: