ATTENTION SCOTTEVEST Travel Clothing Blog Readers

Scott's Offical blog has permanently moved: Scott's Community
Update your browser's bookmark to http://community.scottevest.com/blog



Thursday, February 04, 2010

Another great email I wanted to share Scottevest feedback.

Sent from my iPhone

SeV/SCOTTEVEST, the best and most innovative travel clothing on the planet: For the Trip of Your Life! 


Begin forwarded message:

: Re: Scottevest feedback.

mide40baa271002041458t38d2f30iadad747605b5f06@mail.gmail.com" type="cite">

Dear Scott,

I am now on my fourth ScotteVest -- having worn out the first three or made them so ratty they are not useful in semi-dress public situations.

I am a huge fan, and have given vests as presents (once or twice -- I am not sure) and am ressponsible for at least 3 additional happy purchasers.

I have some comments that reflect my own joys and sorrows with the vests.

1.) The stick-a-pen-or-pencil-in-here slots just inside the zipper would be better if they were a little bit bigger diameter. Many pens have a slightlly enlarged rubber grip section and these don't do well in the slots at all.
  These slots are an outstanding feature. I regret the number of them having gone back down to only 2, there were 3 on my last vest before this one.

2. Earlier versions had epaulets which (I understand) were for attaching some solar charging thingy -- an idea that sounds cool, but I imagine would hardly sell at all.
     However I miss the epaulets very much. I carry my keys on a carabiner and this is a darn handy place to clip the carabiner when you need for a moment to put the keys somewhere.
     It also is a dandy place to clip an ID card.
     Also in when I am flying my airplane the shoulder strap of the seatbelt can be a little aggravating. This is nicely dealt with by clipping a carabiner to the left epaulet and putting the seat belt strap through that.
     However, I may be about your only customer who likes the epaulets.

3. It is very sad (to me at least) that the nifty magnetic closures seem to be disappearing. While there were some nuisincances that resulted from them (one used to insist on grabbing onto the bracelet closure of my wrist watch and opening it) there was one aspect of them that I felt was superb. The magnetic closure on the left breast pocket was an ideal place to carry a boarding pass exposed by held securely by the magnet-closure -- you could easily grab it when needed, but it was not going anywhere on its own. More convenient than in a  pocket, yet safe and secure  -- I very much miss this.

I need not tell you that the main drawback to your product is its addictive nature.  It is addictive not only in the aspect of  utility, but after you have "moved into" a new vest, and gotten familiar (non-trivial) with where everything is changing to another mode or going anywhere without the vest is a VERY serious problem.

Another drawback is, of course, it is too easy to loose stuff in the vest -- too many times I have been looking for something and known (correctly) that it was in the vest but find it only after prolonged (or multiple) search(es).

It is an outstanding product: the utility is superb, the quality is very high, and the price is entirely reasonable.

You must have a lot of fun tinkering with the details, and wringing your hands over which modifications to try, and why.

Thanks for your great product and your attitude.

All the best,

Alan P. 


Posted via email from SeV / SCOTTEVEST the best travel clothes and clothing in the world

No comments: