ATTENTION SCOTTEVEST Travel Clothing Blog Readers

Scott's Offical blog has permanently moved: Scott's Community
Update your browser's bookmark to http://community.scottevest.com/blog



Thursday, April 01, 2010

yet another great review of our products, on a photographer's website

http://www.outthereimages.com/10_04_newsletter.html


Product Review: Scott eVest Evolution Travel Jacket
We photographers put a lot of thought into the gear we use. We obsess about the size, fit, capacity, look, and utility of everything. Even the clothing we wear has to be functional.

Over the years, I�ve purchased so many articles of clothing for my photography that half of my closet is filled with unused vests, hats and pants that just didn�t quite work out. Some of the worst purchases I've made have been different iterations of photo vests. Photo vests have their proper place in my photographic wardrobe, but they are always bulky and, well, look like a photo vest. In the right situation, they say �I�m a pro�. In other situations, they scream �TOURIST,� and it is hard for me to blend in to the local scene. This is especially true at places like museums or events where I don�t want to necessarily look like a photographer.

So, for the last few years, I�ve been looking for something that has the utility of a photo vest, but the look of a traditional city jacket. I wanted something that looked slick on the outside, yet functional on the inside. After showing my wife a photo of a neat looking jacket I found from Scott eVest, she thoughtfully purchased one for me as a gift for Christmas. The jacket is called the Evolution Travel Jacket and so far, I absolutely love it.

Here�s the link for the Evolution Travel Jacket
scottevest.com/v3_store/Evolution_Jacket.shtml

Here�s the link to Scott�s daily sales page
Scott eVest Daily Deals

My first real field use of the Evolution Travel Jacket was on a recent photo shoot down in Cocoa Beach, Florida. The weather was chilly and wet, so I took the jacket to keep warm during an early morning hike along a nature trail. I filled the pockets of the Evolution with photo equipment, my wallet, my smart phone, keys, a water bottle, a notepad, pen, hotel key card, Leatherman and some other random stuff. When it started raining, I was pleasantly surprised to see the water beading up in little droplets on the surface of the coat. My first adventure with the coat left me impressed with its comfort, fit and carrying capacity.

On another photo shoot, I was taking pictures at a theater while watching a play. I didn�t want to carry my camera bag into the theater, so I loaded my Evolution Travel Jacket with a Nikon 24-70mm f2.8 lens, CF card wallet, Nikon SB-900 flash, SC-17 TTL Cable, extra batteries, diffusion dome for the flash, car keys, billfold, smart phone and an energy bar. Over my shoulder, I carried a Nikon D300s with a 70-200 f2.8 lens. The cool thing was that I had only used about half the pockets. Even with a big 24-70 f2.8 in one of the pockets, it didn�t look like a photo vest! Since the jacket is black, it went with my nice slacks & shoes. I blended in to the local crowd without looking like a photographer.

The first time I wore the jacket, I have to admit that I was a little overwhelmed because I wasn�t quite sure what to do with all the pockets. I mean, obviously you put stuff in the pockets, but each pocket has been designed for a specific purpose. Fortunately, Scott�s jacket came with instruction cards for each pocket. No joke. Inside each pocket was a small instruction card to explain how the pocket works and how to get the most utility out of it. For example, I found out that the main pocket for your right hand has a strap to hold a water bottle in the upright position. I also found that there�s a specific pocket on the inside that is designed to hold your sunglasses. It even comes with a chamois cloth attached to a clip so you can keep your glasses clean.

I bought the jacket before the new Apple iPad was announced, but one of the �media� pockets in the jacket is the perfect size to hold an iPad. This is awesome.

After using the Evolution Travel Jacket for three months, I can proudly say that it is one of the best products I�ve purchased. Well designed. Looks good. Perfect fit and finish. I wear it just about every day. In all, I highly recommend it for photographers who need to carry their gear in something other than a bulky photo vest.

Scott

Scott Jordan, CEO
Sev/Scottevest
Follow me on Twitter, friend me on Facebook & become a fan of SeV.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mike Hagen - Out There Images, Inc.
Date: Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 8:58 PM
Subject: Posted Review
To: scott@scottevest.com


Scott -

Just finished posting a review of the Evolution Travel Jacket on my site and my blog (http://www.outthereimages.com/10_04_newsletter.html). Immediately, a bunch of my customers wrote to tell me they went to buy the jacket but it has been discontinued from SeV. That's a bummer.

So, I'm planning up rewriting a little bit of my review to indicate that the jacket is no longer available. What do you recommend I point my customers to instead of the Evolution Travel Jacket?

Best regards,

Mike Hagen
Out There Images, Inc. - "Get Out And Learn!"
PO Box 1966, Gig Harbor, WA 98335
web: www.outthereimages.com
blog: www.outthereimages.com/blog
newsletter: www.outthereimages.com/newsletter.html
email: mike@outthereimages.com
office: 253-851-9054
mobile: 360-750-1103
fax: 206-984-1817

Director, Nikonians Academy
Nikonians North America, Inc.

skype: mike.hagen
Nikonians - Worldwide Home for Nikon Photographers
"Share, Learn and Inspire"
www.nikonians.org

Nikonians Academy - Master Your Photography
www.nikoniansacademy.com

With over 250,000 members, reaching out to over
58,000 photographers daily and 1.5 million monthly,
Nikonians is the largest community for Nikon photographers
www.nikonians.org proudly welcomes you.


Posted via email from SeV / SCOTTEVEST the best travel clothes and clothing in the world

No comments: