ATTENTION SCOTTEVEST Travel Clothing Blog Readers

Scott's Offical blog has permanently moved: Scott's Community
Update your browser's bookmark to http://community.scottevest.com/blog



Thursday, April 22, 2010

Joseph’s Coat of Many Pockets

http://travelscope.net/blog/view_post/httptravelscope.netblogview_postpockets/

Joseph’s Coat of Many Pockets

Posted on April 22, 2010

The biblical Joseph had a coat of many colors, yet what my Scottevest jacket lacks in brilliance it makes up for in pockets. The coat has more than 20 pockets of all sizes, shapes and recommended uses. That’s right. Enough pockets, pockets, everywhere to store away just about everything you’ll need on your next travel adventure.image

Until recently, if you were to see me running through an airport you would have caught a fleeting glimpse of a human pack animal.  For nigh on twenty years I had a 40-pound pack on my back, a fanny pack for my radio equipment strapped to my waist, my hometown paper, the Topanga Messenger, stuffed in a back pocket and a money/credit card/passport holder attached to my belt.  First my wife and producer, Julie, convinced me that in my golden years I could save my back and shift the weight to an oversized roll-on brief case and then Scott Jordan, the owner and CEO of Scottevest, created a line of clothing whose abundance of pockets picked up the rest of the load.

Passports, airline tickets, cell phones, electronics, magazines, eye glasses, folding money, loose change, pens — these are just a few of the custom pockets that are in my jacket.  In many cases there are also right and left side duplicates.

After wearing my jacket on the slopes in Lake Tahoe during a recent Society of American Travel Writers conference, I realized that I had found the answer to my old boy scout urge to “Be Prepared.”  With the storage power of my jacket, short of a national emergency, there are few things for which I am not prepared.  In addition, pocket-fanatic Scott Jordan should be commended for helping us beat the high cost of flying.  In these days of hefty checked-luggage charges and limits on carry-ons, the Scottevest is like my secret carry-on.  While they’re weighing my luggage, they never guess how many pounds of stuff I have in my coat pockets.  To get more information and see the full line of clothing including jackets, vests, shirts, shorts and pants for men and women go to Scottevest.com or call 1-866-909-8378.

Posted via email from SeV / SCOTTEVEST the best travel clothes and clothing in the world

No comments: