ATTENTION SCOTTEVEST Travel Clothing Blog Readers

Scott's Offical blog has permanently moved: Scott's Community
Update your browser's bookmark to http://community.scottevest.com/blog



Wednesday, May 12, 2010

One of the very best "Vestimonials" I have ever received, and a great story

5.10.2010

Where Nate and His Vest Become ONE

There it was just as Bert explains Mary Poppins, “practically perfect in every way”. Not too bulky, yet not too small. Everything about it screamed MUST HAVE and all he had to do was hit the BUY IT NOW button.

Nate’s twin brother, Dustin, introduced Nate to the Scotte Vest, because that’s what guys do- they share cool guy stuff with each other. Sometimes it’s sharing guns or things that blow up. Sometimes it’s sharing death defying blue dart experiences or comparing who has the longest rogue hair on their backs. This time it was THE VEST.

The day the UPS man made his special delivery was the day Nate, a grown man, was overwhelmed with giddiness and excitement. He carefully pulled out the knife from his back pocket (because that’s another thing men do- keep knifes easily accessible at all times), he gently slid the sharp blade cautiously across the top of the brown cardboard box cutting the tape perfectly from end to end. Then, trying to control his enthusiasm, he slowly pulled out the contents of the box revealing a size medium, desert sand color, lightweight, breathable Teflon-treated Cotton/Nylon blend, wrinkle-resistant, water-resistant and stain-resistant Travel Vest for Men.

Nate quickly disappeared into the bedroom returning just a few minutes later to model his new addition,

“Ginnie, guess how many pockets this vest has!”
Ummm, I don’t know…5?”
“No. Guess again!”
“Hun, I don’t know”
“Come on. Just guess.”
“Okay, like 8 or 10.”
“No. twenty two! It has 22 pockets!”
“Wow, 22 pockets, huh? That’s pretty cool.”
“No Ginnie, you don’t understand. It has TWEN.TY.TWO hidden pockets and compartments. Can you imagine the kind of things I can hide in here?!”

Me, trying to show more excitement this time,

“Oh YES hun, I’m imaging it right now. Forget travel vest, that’s more like a secret agent/ninja vest!”

Nate proceeded to open up his vest and show me all of the hidden pockets. Each pocket was designed for a specific purpose and function. “Look at this one. This one is designed to hold boarding passes and passports… look! And this one is for my sunglasses… and right next to it, this is for a water bottle. And if I need to carry a map? See this pocket on the very back? It can hold it." I interject, "Ya, that pocket is big enough it could hold a small child or even one of the members of the Lollipop Guild. Really, the possibilities are endless!”

True story:
A few days after receiving the vest in the mail Nate and I (and of course the vest) went to the craft store. I was searching out the perfect picture frame for a project I was working on. I turn to Nate and say, “Man, I wish I had a tape measure right now.” Within seconds I feel a soft tap on the shoulder, “Here you go.” I respond in shock, “Where did you get this?” Nate proudly points to his vest and says, “My vest. Pocket #16 I think.”

For the following few weeks Nate and his vest were inseparable. The minute he would come home, his work clothes would come off and the vest would go on.

Nate and his vest had become one.

“Nate, do you take this vest to have and to wear in the city close at home or on your travels far and abroad? Do you promise to always cherish this vest in good times and in bad, to machine wash on cold in the gentle cycle, tumble dry on low ‘til death do you part?”...


It finally came time for Nate to christen his vest, to fulfill its true purpose in life- not just to wear for leisure, but for travel use as well. He took the vest wearing business very serious, after all; concealing items in 22 secret pockets is no laughing matter. Wherever Nate went the vest would be found also. He wore it everyday for 16 days straight while we were touring the Middle East. It can be seen in every picture taken of Nate while we were away. It now has a very special place in my heart- the place in my heart where I’m thankful he’s not wearing it any more.

base of Mount Tabor, Israel

the Sphinx and the Step Pyramid, Egypt

Dome of the Rock, Israel & Temple of Luxor, Egypt

top of Mount Tabor, Israel & Petra, Jordan

Cesarea, Israel

In all honesty the vest was actually quite nice to have. It was meant to hold everything and hold everything it certainly did.


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ginnie Johnson <
Date: Wed, May 12, 2010 at 8:35 AM
Subject: Thank you!-a different kind of vest testimonial
To: scott@scottevest.com,


Dear Scott,

I'm not sure if you'll even read this, let alone find the time to read this since you're busy, you know, running your own company and all. But I recently wrote about my husbands new found obsession with your vest on my blog.

I thought it was too funny not to share. I'm sure you'll find it's a very different kind of testimonial, one from a woman whose husband has found great joy in the scottEvest.

Thanks for your time, and mostly thanks for the secret agent/ninja/mens travel vest.

Sincerely,

Ginnie Johnson

......

Posted via email from SeV / SCOTTEVEST the best travel clothes and clothing in the world

No comments: