ATTENTION SCOTTEVEST Travel Clothing Blog Readers

Scott's Offical blog has permanently moved: Scott's Community
Update your browser's bookmark to http://community.scottevest.com/blog



Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Customer review: Scottevest in action in Peshawar, Pakistan

From: Philip 
Date: May 5, 2010 12:42:28 PM MDT
To: 
Subject: Scottevest in action in Peshawar, Pakistan

Scott,
I wrote you a few months ago, about my agency, Diplomatic Security, and how I thought your vest should be standard issue for our agents. Well as it turns out, I can say your vest is truly one of the best damn pieces of gear I have ever owned.
On April 5, 2010 my post in Peshawar, Pakistan was attacked by terrorists. They brought and used VBIED's, RPG's. small arms and hand grenades. Our defenses held and we averted a catastrophe. This was the largest single attack on a US diplomatic mission in many years.
Let me tell you how your vest performed: I was the first person dressed, ready for action, because I wear the vest everyday and have it stocked with all of the items I need for my mission. Med Kit, Radio, Ammo, small tools, eye protection, small bottle of water, cell phone, camera...and other small, but important items. This all fits over my body armor and keeps my profile to a minimum.
After the attack, we began to process the scene, and the vest was my "go-bag", without the hassle of an actual bag.
I wore this vest for three days straight and it was covered in car grease, burned oil, human remains, you name it...it was smeared, rubbed, ground into the vest. I ran it thought the wash twice, and it came out clean. I restocked it, and wear it still everyday. ( The zipper pull tab broke off, while pulling wrecked car parts out of the way) I though I was going to have to throw it away, but it came out without any tears, and only a small rip in one of the pockets.( To many ammo mags jammed into the chest pocket)
I have attached photos from our recovery, and would like to say thanks for a great product,...and yes the Red Sox hat washed up just fine.
Thank you,
Philip
Special Agent
US DOS
Diplomatic Security

Posted via email from SeV / SCOTTEVEST the best travel clothes and clothing in the world

No comments: