ATTENTION SCOTTEVEST Travel Clothing Blog Readers

Scott's Offical blog has permanently moved: Scott's Community
Update your browser's bookmark to http://community.scottevest.com/blog



Sunday, June 01, 2008

Scott goes to NevEda (or is it NevAda?)-Bus Tour Delayed Due to Mechanical Difficulties

(here's the YouTube version if above is loading slowly). I learned how to play craps in Jackpot, Nevada last weekend. I hope you enjoy my experience. This is a weekend post so I thought i would let loose a bit. The frame selected randomly from blip.tv pretty much represents the feeling.

For context you also may want to see I have in common with Michelle Obama's pronunciation of the word "Neveda" or is it "Nevada".


For further reference, this was the post to the first attempt at editing and reference to the bus tour above. The video from blip is below.





Funniest thing about the whole NevEda vs. NevAda debate, is that I was certain I was wrong about the pronunciation per Laura's admonishment every time I said it, but only after posting this did someone point out I may have been right after all:




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the credits! Good context - the NBC story was a nice addition. Didn't know it was so controversial. Learn something new every day. That's a more manageable length, too... sorry that you lost!

Anonymous said...

Well, it's nighttime and my daughter's asleep on the couch so i can't hear the audio on videos right now. But as a local to Las Vegas, it's pronounced NevAda, with an A sound like Hat.

All saying NevEda does is show you don't live here, cause NevEda is a town in Missouri. ;)

Anonymous said...

Laura is right about Nevada unless you want people to think you're one of them thar Eastern dudes. While she's at it, have her teach you to say Oregon too. ;)

My wife and I took a tour in Reno once and there was a guy on the tour that just knew there was a fool proof way to beat the games and kept trying to get the tour folks to let him in on it. The guide finally told him to look down and then look up and said "Someone has to pay for the carpets and chandeliers, and it's you." But we still go because it's fun...Disney Land for grownups... and write it off as entertainment money. If you win that's great. If not, well, there's always next time. Maybe.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, until this blog post I did not know there was a controversy over Nev-ahhhh-da versus Nev-aaaa-da. (And I am one of them thar Eastern dudes!). Maybe that's why.

Scott - you should start a new blog about forensic linguistics....