ATTENTION SCOTTEVEST Travel Clothing Blog Readers

Scott's Offical blog has permanently moved: Scott's Community
Update your browser's bookmark to http://community.scottevest.com/blog



Thursday, June 12, 2008

Famous Best Selling Author Amy Tan, Joy Luck Club, Recommends SCOTTEVEST to her friends


Check out the series of emails I got from Amy Tan, the best selling author of The Joy Luck Club, among other great works, see this link for more information on Amy Tan.



From: Amy Tan
Date: Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 11:18 PM
Subject: Re: Online Order

I first saw the jackets on Magellan's website a few months ago. I love techy gadgets and this was a jacket for techies. I ordered two Rodeos in Small and Large.


I was reminded about the jackets having just returned from Hong Kong and Shanghai. I was with a documentary crew and we had a rude awakening--a change in carryon luggage rules. Nothing more than 7 kilos for the biggest piece. We had to frantically repack to take valuables with us on board I told the the producer and director we should get your jackets.

But now no one had the Rodeo in L. Hence, the order for a black shell for my husband and small Rodeo for myself. We're wearing them on board the flight to Paris this week.

Thanks.

AT

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Scott,
Yes, my jackets arrived today. The Rodeo, which is for me, is gorgeous. I don't know why you discontinued them. I would have ordered one for my husband. And that's too bad about the solar cell add-on panel. It would have been perfect for those trips to wayward places, which we seem to do on a regular basis, the latest being Easter Island in January. They are all those photographers, scientists, and filmmakers who are in the middle of nowhere. My husband will appreciate the other jacket I did get for him. The weather in France has been cool and windy. He packed for hot.

As all my friends know, I am the ultimate gadget girl. In fact, as soon as I rediscovered your jackets, I sent an email to some of my similarly-gadgetized friends. I'll forward you the email, since I think you will get a kick out of it. The recipients include a producer and director of documentaries, the president of the Explorer's Club, an extreme medicine doctor who treated survivors on that deadly Everest expedition in 1997, a National Geographic photographer and producer wife, who shoot photos and video of weird things in jungles, a MacArthur Fellow biologist who goes to the Galapagos every few months, a word-record spearfisherwoman, a director of Special Projects with the MIT Media Lab, and others. I can guarantee you that they will all order jackets! One told me he'd been using the same old "safari" jacket because he needed all those pockets. Two others were with me when we got sent back to the airline desk in China because of the new 7 kg limit for carryon....

I think the jacket recommendation will make the circles of all the Explorer's Club members.

If you do find another Rodeo in a Large, let me know. Thanks!

all best,
Amy

From: Amy Tan
Sent:
Tuesday, June 10, 2008 3:38 PM
To:
Scott Jordan
Subject:
Fwd: Technogear for Producers, DIrectors, Photographers, Surgeons, Nurses, and those who like to travel " All Carry-On "

Here's the email to friends....



http://www.scottevest.com/

39 pockets, check it out.

You can carry a week's worth of reading, chewing gum and cameras, phones and their chargers, portable toilet and toilet paper, iPod and ham radio, dog food and two small dogs, emergency medical kit and portable exerciser, binoculars, extra change of clothes and newborn child, slippers and chess set, minibar and more, then stick out your tongue at the guy standing next to the scale over at Security. Laugh to yourself: "I'm hauling 42 extra kilos, baby! Eat my luggage tags."

I got one in microsuede for me, one in black for Lou.

Coming to a Metal Detector near you. See it soon on the savanah, the desert, the volcano, the next adventure.

Cheers,
Amy Tan




No comments: