ATTENTION SCOTTEVEST Travel Clothing Blog Readers

Scott's Offical blog has permanently moved: Scott's Community
Update your browser's bookmark to http://community.scottevest.com/blog



Saturday, May 03, 2008

Dilemma? Burning Man vs. Red Rocks (Bob Weir and Allman Bros) for Labor Day? (MY WORST VIDEO BLOG EVER)


[Ok; i just watched this video. Now I can tell just how sick I felt today. I was horrible in this video. And your first introduction to my wife, Laura, is her voice correcting me in the background. This video will be up for a very short period, as I am going to re-do this 4sure. I don't want to be remembered by this one....PS: Feel free to express your agreement or not, or just blow me %$#*! as I would no doubt do if I was you. I hope no one who knows me in real life, vs Blog life sees this.]

It's a weekend, so here goes another personal weekend post. Similar content on video, with poor lighting though and iffy sound.

So, I have a dilemma: For Labor Day, I bought my ticket for Burning Man. I planned to go with a very close friend, for my first time. For those of you who have not heard about Burning Man, see this link; it is too hard to describe, especially since I have never been. It is truly a once in a life time experience, that you get to do over and over, but only once you decide to go for the first time.

Well, after getting my wife, Laura's, permission, which was very easy, to go, she informed me that Bob Weir (of the Grateful Dead) as playing Red Rocks with the Allman Brothers that same weekend. I have always wanted to see a concert at Red Rocks, see this link for information on this very special venue.

So now I don't know what to do.

Pros for Burning Man:
  • Ticket already bought
  • Only Once Per Year
  • Supposed to be amazing experience
  • Quality Time with Good Friend
  • approx 600 miles away (1 day's drive)
  • Surrounded by beautiful women
  • Many others, too many to list
Cons for Burning Man:
  • No wife and dogs for the experience
  • Very Hot and Dusty
  • Surrounded by beautiful women
  • Could always do it next year, but I would be another year older when I did, as Warren Miller always says....
Pros For Red Rocks:
  • Wife and Dogs could come along
  • Always wanted to see this venue
  • I haven't seen the Dead, or any of its members for quite some time. (FYI: my first Grateful Dead concert was Jerry's last show in Chicago. More on that if requested)
  • I am sure I am leaving lots out
Cons:
  • 800 miles in 1970 VW Bus would take more than a day, and would be a lot of travel for a single show
  • Can't camp near the show, as far as I understand it.
  • By going, I would be pissing off a friend who purchased tickets already to goto Burning Man with me; perhaps the single best reason to goto Burning Man, but he says he doesn't mind.
  • Could always see another concert there.
I am leaning towards Burning Man, but if you would like to weigh in on this decision to help me, please do.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I still have the flu. It will not go away.... I hate being sick, especially when it is so nice outsite.

Scott

4 comments:

Scott Jordan, CEO of SCOTTEVEST/SeV said...

Ok; i just watched this video. Now I can tell just how sick I felt today. I was horrible in this video. And your first introduction to my wife, Laura, is her voice correcting me. This video will be up for only 1 day, as I am going to re-do this tomorrow. I don't want to be remembered by this one....

Scott

PS:
Feel free to express your agreement or not, or just blow me %$#*! as I would no doubt do if I was you. I hope no one who knows me sees this.

irenie said...

Ah you look fine!
Go see Bobby at Red Rocks!

Scott Jordan, CEO of SCOTTEVEST/SeV said...

Ok, i decided to goto Burning Man, and including the Bus Tour concept there!

Anonymous said...

Good Job! :)