ATTENTION SCOTTEVEST Travel Clothing Blog Readers

Scott's Offical blog has permanently moved: Scott's Community
Update your browser's bookmark to http://community.scottevest.com/blog



Thursday, November 11, 2010

SCOTTEVEST recommended as a great groomsmen gift in Martha Stewart's website WeddingWire.com


The gift that will save you money!

What Do You Think?

Being a bit jaded about the “WIC” – Wedding Idustrial Complex” I don’t usually write or talk about products.  There’s just too much out there.  When I do, chances are that it’s a product that was never designed specifically for weddings, but whose wedding application is so clever that it makes me smile (some of you might recall that I describe “making people smile” as the ultimate test for wedding elements.)

Well, SCOTTEVEST made me smile – a big one.  I’ve known about them for a while, but really started paying attention when the story broke about their ad being rejected by Delta Airlines in-flight magazine.  And then it occurred to me, what a perfect gift for your bridal party.

The ad’s focus was on how Scottevest’s clothing can help you avoid airline baggage fees.  Travel costs are often a serious issue for members of the wedding entourage; between the airfares, hotels, meals, attending your best friend’s wedding can be a bank busting endeavor.  So what could be better than something practical (and a bit whimsical) that will make their travel experience easier and less expensive?

If you are still wondering what Scottevest is, it’s a company that makes jackets (and more) with lots of pockets, enough to carry your cell, your ipad and ipod, earbuds, camera, a water bottle, cigars, sunglasses and much more – maybe even a ring with a big fat diamond!  In fact, I’m pretty sure that if you wear your suit (or tux) on the plane, underneath their new carry-on coat, you could probably get through the whole wedding weekend with nothing more than what you slip into your coat pockets!

I checked them out and purchased both a flannel jacket and a cotton hoodie, and am finding that some of my other jackets are sitting on their hangers.  I am guessing that as soon as it gets really cold I will be ordering the Revolution Plus to replace my beloved Wellensteyn coat.

Imagine the glee of your friends when, as they are contemplating travel plans a few days before your wedding, they get a Scottevest jacket!

Note: after writing this, but before publishing, I found out about their newest item – boxer shorts with an iPhone pocket – what a great gift for the groomsmen!

Scott

Scott Jordan, CEO
Sev/Scottevest
Follow me onTwitter, friend me on Facebook & become a fan of SeV.

No comments: