ATTENTION SCOTTEVEST Travel Clothing Blog Readers

Scott's Offical blog has permanently moved: Scott's Community
Update your browser's bookmark to http://community.scottevest.com/blog



Friday, March 28, 2008

My new Vehicle-VW Westfalia



This post is a bit personal, but I wanted to share it with everyone. After months of searching for a vintage VW Westfalia, I finally found one and it is one its way from Virgina now. You can see a whole bunch of pics here.

It is a 1970 VW Westfalia that has been stored for the last 18 years, and restored. I am so excited to get it, and do lots of camping this summer.

I must say that the VW community is comprised of a great bunch of people, especially the seller of this particular bus. They have been very helpful.

We are trying to come up with a cool name for the bus, with cool plates. My wife, Laura, wants "OLD BUS" for the plates.

Let me know if you have any preferences, or feel free to chime in with your VW stories.

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend. It is snowing BIG TIME here in Sun Valley, Idaho, and I can't wait to go skiing. The season is almost over.

Scott




4 comments:

Pat Galea said...

I'll bet it has hidden compartments all over the place by the time you've finished with it. :-)

Anonymous said...

Suggestion:

Maybe a combination which includes "Bulli", because this is the nickname this classic car is called in Germany.

How about: "Sullivan" -> Scotts Bulli Van ;)

Just my 2 cents,

Best wishes and enjoy it ...

Oliver

Anonymous said...

This is just SO cool Scott! It brought back so many memories and my own desires to have this vehicle. Alas, today it is motel stops for us but I can still dream about it!

I always thought it was the perfect "get up and go" camper, it had everything! I guess you really could call it The Everything Camper! (TEC)

Hmmm, where have we seen TEC before? Must be an Evolution of Technology Enabled Clothing!

Scott Jordan, CEO of SCOTTEVEST/SeV said...

Jack, thanks for the comments. I love the name... We got our vanity plates "OLD BUS" which is cool. I am having so much fun with it. I plan to do a post with pictures later today. Everyone who sees it smiles.