ATTENTION SCOTTEVEST Travel Clothing Blog Readers

Scott's Offical blog has permanently moved: Scott's Community
Update your browser's bookmark to http://community.scottevest.com/blog



Tuesday, January 26, 2010

An idea or two.

Some good questions, and my  video response here http://www.tokbox.com/vm/kyv2cnr270xy

Sincerely,


Scott Jordan, CEO
SeV/SCOTTEVEST: the best and most innovative travel clothing on the planet: For the Trip of Your Life!
www.scottevest.com

PS: To follow me on Twitter, or friend me on Facebook, goto this link: www.scottevest.com/connect


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Blake

Hey Scott,

I was actually just about to drift off to sleep here Downunder, and was running through some ideas for a written review of your ultimate cargo pants (something I do to help myself go to sleep - write reviews, not think about SeV products!) when I had an idea. I filed it away, but realised that with my terrible short-term memory, I'd likely forget, so I got up and decided to email you before I went back to bed.

Reading about this whole issue with the customer who carelessly tore his jacket and wanted a refund from you, under threat of complaining to the internet, I started thinking about it. I've actually pondered contacting stores before when something I paid for broke or got damaged - not because I felt I was screwed by a cheap product or because I felt entitled to it - but because I figured it was worth a shot. You never know when a company might throw in some good-will to its customers and offer a replacement. Actually, a few years ago I bought a SeV microfleece hoody from ThinkGeek, and the zip came off - TG replaced it, no questions asked, and told me not to worry about the original.

This isn't to suggest you should also do the same thing, but there's a point there somewhere - it's disappointing when you buy something and it's damaged soon after you got it. It feels like you wasted the money somehow, even if it's your own stupid fault. Replacing it for free would be easily abused by people and cost you way too much money - but then I thought of an alternative: why not have some kind of warranty? Many stores offer warranties, extended warranties and memberships that gain you certain kinds of warranties on your product, so why not offer the same kind of thing? There's a few ways you could do this. Two ideas I have are:

- For an extra $___ you could buy a warranty, so if your SeV is damaged within ___ years, you'll replace it for free/shipping only/half-price/cost price or something like that. Many video game stores offer this so you can replace damaged games.

- Offer a paid membership to people - maybe you get some free SeV merch, some discounts (recurring or not), early notification of new items or sales, first-serve entry to new stuff, etc.

One other idea I thought of, and this one is a little more silly, but still - you never know. Have you ever thought about a SeV seconds store? People will have older models that they replaced with new ones, or models they bought ut don't wear (I have an old jacket I bought but never actually wear due to the weather being warm), but cn't bring myself to toss it out or donate it. A seconds store would be a place for people to sell their pre-owned gear to someone looking for something cheap or an old model they missed out on.

Finally, just to let you know, the website page http://www.scottevest.com/company-old/glossary.shtml still links to the old site.

Anyway, thanks for reading. I just thought I'd send you my ideas. Let me know what you think when you have a chance.

Warm regards,

-- Blake

Posted via email from SeV / SCOTTEVEST the best travel clothes and clothing in the world

No comments: