ATTENTION SCOTTEVEST Travel Clothing Blog Readers

Scott's Offical blog has permanently moved: Scott's Community
Update your browser's bookmark to http://community.scottevest.com/blog



Monday, June 18, 2012

We made Jessica LOVE our Travel Vest! Check this out! #TBEX

See full article here:http://www.suitcasesandsippycups.com/2012/06/review-of-scottevest-womens-travel-vest-you-made-me-love-you.html#comment-6440

 

Review of Scottevest Women’s Travel Vest: You Made Me Love You

by Jessica on 06/18/2012

There is a palpable buzz and twitter(not the social media kind, although the tweets are flying) energizing the dimly lit room as 700 travel bloggers and travel industry representatives gather for the opening address of TBEX (Travel Bloggers Exchange) 2012.  When you gather that many adventurers and globe trotters in one place there is a guaranteed enthusiasm that percolates through the air, but the excitement about the opportunity to collaborate with other travelers is just part of the story.   If we are all honest, everyone is also just a little bit excited by the promise of conference swag. 

Scottevest ponied up with some of the best swag of the conference by offering attendees a free Scottevest  to review at registration.  While this line of “obsessively engineered” clothing has a strong following among serious travelers, I was unimpressed.  Any garment that has umpteen pockets specified to carry every wired gadget in existence is certainly any tech geek’s idea of a good contraption, but could it be functional, or fashionable? 

~Scottevest Women's Travel Vest in Red~

I almost changed my mind when I learned that the vest was available in neutral gray and black, but also kicky red. Still, I remained resolute!  Pockets for gear were good for backpackers and photogs, but would never work for me. I know that I will probably never be mistaken for a fashionista, but with four kids I am already pushing the limits of frump-dom and I can’t afford any fashion missteps.  If I am going to wear something when I am traveling, it has to be comfortable, and let’s face it-cute!

~Scottevest Pockets are labeled with pictures to show the function of each pocket~

While I was still skeptical about the aesthetics, I couldn’t help but be amazed by the engineering.  There was a pocket for everything-a pocket for sunglasses, a pocket for my I-Phone, a pocket for my camera, even a pocket to fold and store the vest.  Surprisingly ,I started to get a little geeked out at the possibilities for all those pockets, but I still wasn’t certain I wanted to wear it.  Then I noticed that of all those pockets, only two showed from the outside, and the rest of the vest was fashionably designed with a waist slimming cut and a design that skims the hips for a figure flattering fit.  So, I tried it on and…it was cute!  Cute from the front, cute from the back, super cute with boots and a scarf.  It was a garment that I would actually want to add to my wardrobe, but with all the added functionality of the pockets galore. 

~So cute, right?  This is Scott, the creator of Scottevest.~

After a day of wearing the vest just to feel fancy, I wanted to try it out for functionality.  For my plane trip home, I loaded the pockets with my I-Phone, headphones, tickets, glasses, granola bars, and a notepad and paper. I admit I felt a little like Inspector Gadget when I reached into one of the pockets for my gear, but I loved having everything right at my fingertips. With the weight management system, I didn’t feel at all like a pack mule, although I was certainly carrying enough.  I especially appreciated being able to have everything accessible to check in for my flight, but then keep in all intact and just slip off the vest to go through security.  No need to cram everything into my bag and then spend time digging it all back out.  This vest is my new (free) carryon bag.

~Extra Cuteness when worn by a baby, but I won't be sharing any time soon.  It's mine, all mine!~

After wearing this vest for just one weekend, I feel like I am just beginning to really understand the value  of the oodles of pockets( did I tell you there was a lipstick pocket?)   One thing I do know is that this vest will be a regular part of my traveling wardrobe, and I will be looking cute while I wear it.   Go, go gadget Scottevest!

~I know that I already mentioned that I received the Scottevest Ladies Travel Vest for free, but just because I love the FTC, so much, I’ll say it one more time.  The vest was free.  I wanted to hate it, but I love it!~

No comments: