ATTENTION SCOTTEVEST Travel Clothing Blog Readers

Scott's Offical blog has permanently moved: Scott's Community
Update your browser's bookmark to http://community.scottevest.com/blog



Friday, June 08, 2012

Check out this great review of our Travel Vest by #photographer Peter Bates!

See full article here:http://stylus.batescommunications.net/productreviews.htm#scottevest

SCOTTEVEST Men's Travel Vest – An Excellent Photography Vest

SCOTTEVEST

I had been looking for a multi-pocketed vest that I could use for my photography gewgaws when I went on shoots, or to simply traveled with my gear. The last time I went on a shoot I had to ask my friend to carry my gadgets for me, so I wouldn't be fumbling with my equipment. The SCOTTEVEST Men's Travel Vest appears to be the solution. It has 24 pockets. Wearing it means means I can easily a flash, a flash bounce card, a notepad, an extra lens, model releases, and remote trigger on every shoot. I don't ever have to dig into a camera bag for them. One of the pockets even has a lint-less cloth attached to a small cord so it doesn't get lost while I use it for wiping lenses and glasses.

To my delight, a minimum of the vest's pockets use Velcro. This annoying and noisy substance is used in only three small locations: two translucent polyethylene iPod pockets and the wire groove surrounding the collar. (It is designed for winding earphone cords the wearer's neck.) Otherwise, the vest's zippers are so silent the average nature photographer will not scare off any wildlife.

I particularly like the magnetic latches on the two main side pockets. They flop into action instantly, automatically holding any contents safely in place. Of course, you can always choose to zip up the pockets as well, for double security. The jacket itself is not particularly hot in the summer months, yet it kept me warm in the chilliest of air-conditioned rooms, such as a movie theater. About the only caution I would cite for this vest is don't give into the temptation to fill it too much. Heavy is still heavy, whether it applies to a vest or a backpack.

Note that SCOTTEVEST is having a Father's Day sale that includes this vest.

For more information:

SCOTTEVEST Men's Travel Vest

Peter Bates

No comments: