ATTENTION SCOTTEVEST Travel Clothing Blog Readers

Scott's Offical blog has permanently moved: Scott's Community
Update your browser's bookmark to http://community.scottevest.com/blog



Thursday, July 12, 2012

Julie shares how she "Hikes Without the Bulk With the SCOTTeVEST"! Check it out:

See full article here: http://thetravelbeat.com/hike-without-the-bulk-with-the-scottevest/#comment-1297

 

Hike Without the Bulk With the SCOTTeVEST

Hiking with Scottevest

Hiking with SCOTTeVEST

I don’t like bulk. I don’t like extra weight when I am trekking up a steep hill. It just slows me down and makes the hike more difficult on my cardio system.

Hiking is one of my favorite outdoor activities and living in Colorado makes it a perfect match. Often times, when I go on a day hike, I don’t want to carry a big ol’ backpack. I just want to bring some basics: my camera, water, car keys, a map, chapstick, snacks, and sometimes my cell phone. Without the backpack, this gets to be bulky stuffing it into my fleece pockets.

Finally, I found one of the coolest articles of clothing to reduce the bulk. It is more than a piece of clothing. The Scottevest is like a highly engineered, practical organizer – with sleeves. And seventeen pockets. Yep, seventeen.

I wore this vest when I was in Crested Butte this summer and I loved the freedom it gave me to bounce up the trail. Strangely, I did get the sense I forgot something. I got over that once I did an inventory check.

The Technical and Background Stuff

What is the SCOTTeVEST?

This Technology Enabled Clothing® is described as a “convergence of fashion and technology.” The engineered, no bulge pocket design distributes the weight evenly to create a comfortable experience. Without the bulk. The patented Personal Area Network (PAN) allows for tangle-free wires for your MP3 player of choice.

The original vest was just the start of the owner’s idea to help travelers, adventurers, and gadget-lovers – “Scott’s Electronics Vest” – that led to the current SCOTTeVEST clothing line that includes the same technology and practical uses.

travel vest

X-ray View of SCOTTEVEST Travel Vest

What I Liked About the Scottevest

No bulky pockets. Once I put everything I needed for the hike in my pockets, I was surprised how little bulk and weight there was. This is why I felt like I was forgetting something.

Everything was easily accesible with this vest. Imagine rummaging through your backpack or non-Scottevest pockets feeling around for your small tube of chapstick that is lost among your keys, your camera, and your snacks.

No bulky cotton. The vest itself was lightweight and breathable, which made it perfect in the middle of the hottest summer on record. For colder days, you can find plenty of other SCOTTeVEST options.

Pockets for larger items.  While I didn’t bring my tablet or Kindle along on this day hike, the pockets designed for these items make it great for traveling to the airport. Just slip off the vest and breeze through security.

Pockets for smaller items. Aside from the pockets for large items, there were tiny pockets for things like chapstick, change, your ID, or your camera memory card. The pocket for your sunglasses includes a soft cleaning cloth. Having a secret hidden pocket made me feel a little spy-like.

Teflon-treated.  Since I can be clumsy at times, I like that this vest is stain-resistant. It also helps if your trail mix or chocolate granola bars start to melt. This treatment also makes this vest resistant to water.

Scottevest

No comments: