ATTENTION SCOTTEVEST Travel Clothing Blog Readers

Scott's Offical blog has permanently moved: Scott's Community
Update your browser's bookmark to http://community.scottevest.com/blog



Monday, January 09, 2012

What will you be wearing at #CES? @Mashable suggests the SeV Women's Trench!

See Full Article: http://mashable.com/2012/01/06/ces-trench-coat-geek-chic/

 

Is This the Ultimate Trench Coat for Gadget Lovers?

 

 

 

 

As we get closer to CES 2012, I’ve struggled with how to pack all of the requisite gadgets and electronics I’ll need on my trip without breaking the carry-on restrictions that the airlines insist I follow. This year, I’ve found my solution: A trench coat with a secret identity.

Late last year I stumbled upon a SCOTTEVEST women’s trench that looked enticing — and almost too good to be true. As with other SCOTTEVEST products, the idea is to hide as many devices as possible, its pockets designed to accommodate electronics and gadgets with aplomb.

 

 

 

 

SCOTTEVEST promises that a normal looking women’s trench coat can store an iPad, two smartphones, camera, glasses, keys, travel documents, change and lipstick. The map indicates you can store a good sized water bottle inside the jacket.

I was skeptical, but too intrigued not to order the coat. The results? Check it out for yourself.

I was able to comfortably store the following in the coat:

  • iPad 2
  • iPhone 4S
  • Galaxy S II Skyrocket
  • 20oz bottle of soda
  • keys
  • ID card
  • lipstick
  • Klipsch X10i headphones

I also had plenty of room for a small camera, complete with separate MicroSD pocket.

So will this serve as my purse at CES 2012? I think so. Shockingly, the coat wasn’t very heavy, even with the iPad, phones, camera and other gadgets. This will allow me to keep my laptop bag lighter on the days I need to carry it on the show floor.

The coat doesn’t look bulky from the outside either, though I’d certainly be careful stowing it with the gadgets still inside. It’s lightweight and definitely not warm enough for New York City in January — but it should be just fine for the Las Vegas Convention Center.

Do you have any packing tips for stowing your gadgets at conventions or any other place where bags are cumbersome? Let us know in the comments.

No comments: